Saturday, October 4, 2008

24 hr Quilt-A-Thon Update


I would first like to say thank you for all those who came out. We had a great time making pillows.














We completed 291 pillows.







The event started on Friday at 6:00pm and ended Saturday at 6:00pm. Friday night we had a doctor , nurse, reporters, friends and high school students making pillows. If they were not sewing they were either ironing or stuffing. We had a great little assembly line going. By midnight we had completed 152 pillows. I must admit I wish more would have attend between the hours of midnight and 8:00am however I am not complaining I loved the help we received. My family paid a little visit during the middle of night. By looking at the picture I guess you can tell they can be little strange sometimes. JK was home for the weekend from college and of course they had to bring Gretchen. :)





I tried my best to stay up the entire 24 hours. As some of you might know I am what some people would like to call "AR" when it comes to my sewing. It my seams do not match it driving me crazy. Will around 5:30am I made a pillow that kind of look like the leaning Tower of Pisa. Since I was using a serger and did not want to cause any harm to my self I decided that I better take a nappy nap. I did not realize that I would be placed on candid camera.

After a much needed nap I was back up and running. We had more friends show up and back to our assembly line. We only do the 24 hr thing once a year in October, then the rest of the year we meet quarterly. I wish I could say we only needed to meet once a year but at this time I cannot. I am attaching a few pictures from the event.














This is the link to the video of the WTOC interview.
http://www.wtoc.com/global/video/popup/pop_playerLaunch.asp?vt1=v&clipFormat=flv&clipId1=2992447&at1=News&h1=Quilters help raise breast cancer awareness

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jen,

This is so awesome; you should be so proud and so tired, but with a very good feeling inside. The article about your Mom and her struggle with the disease was very touching. What a loss; I can only imagine. Great pix, too!

I am impressed! Way to go. The best of luck to you in your new business venture! Keep in touch.

Your friend, Pat Branch